The Los Angeles Times
Los Angeles County prosecutors will not file charges against a Saudi prince arrested on suspicion of sexual assault at a compound on the edge of Beverly Hills because of insufficient evidence, officials said Monday.
Majed Abdulaziz Al-Saud, 29, was arrested last month for allegedly trying to force a female worker to perform a sex act on him inside a Beverly Glen residence he was renting. Police alleged there were multiple victims and within days of Al-Saud’s arrest, three women sued him.
But prosecutors said Monday there wasn’t enough evidence to charge Al-Saud with a felony. The case was referred to the L.A. city attorney’s office, which can charge him with a misdemeanor. Officials in the city attorney’s office said they would have to review the case before considering charges.